Other Non-PO Type Payments

Other Non-PO Type Payments

  1. Check Request
  2. Petty Cash

Check  Request

Check Requests (formerly eCheck in ARIBA) can be used to process Non-PO type payments by completing the Supplier Invoice Request via Workday. Examples are dues, membership to professional organizations, registration fees, and research participant payments. Generally, purchase of all goods and services require a PO for payment to be processed. The University of Miami Payment Matrix  below serves as a guide for when a Check Request can be submitted.

For check request instructions, see:  http://www.workday-finance.it.miami.edu/training/workday-finance/tip-sheets-and-tutorials/payment-requests/index.html

- Top -

Petty Cash

Petty Cash Fund is a cash advance made to a full-time University employee for the purpose of conveniently making small purchases of goods and services in accordance with University policy and procedures. Petty cash funds are requested through the submission of an eCheck in UMeNet.


Form W-8BEN

-  Petty Cash eCheck Instructions

Opening a Petty Cash Fund Account: To establish a new Petty Cash fund, an eCheck will need to be submitted in the name of the custodian, charging the petty cash receivables account 011121-1131.

The request must be accompanied by the following completed forms:

Replenishing Petty Cash Funds: Submit an eCheck for petty cash replenishment.

-  Transfering a Petty Cash Fund: The new custodian must send Disbursements the Transfer of Petty Cash Fund Memorandum along with forms required under Opening a  Petty Cash Fund Account.

Closing a Petty Cash Fund: To close the fund, you will need to:   

  1. Complete and submit an Interdepartmental Requisition (IDR) for the receipts on hand. Include the custodian’s name in the description.   
  2. Deposit any remaining cash on hand to petty cash account 011121-1131 at the Cashier’s Office in the Ashe Bldg. on the CG campus or use the Brinks bag system if you are on the medical campus. Include the custodian’s name in the deposit description.

The IDR plus any cash deposit must total the petty cash fund amount.

Send the IDR with the receipts attached, and the Cash Deposit Receipt to the Disbursements Office:

Disbursements, attn. Petty Cash Manager Gables One Tower, Suite 400 Locator code: 2942 Coral Gables Campus

- Top -